Our busy law firm is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Corporate Paralegal to support day-to-day operations of the Corporate team, including carrying out administrative tasks and conducting research on legal issues.
This role would suite a candidate who has completed their law degree with a 1st or 2.1, who has also completed or working towards completing their LPC with at least 6 months work experience in corporate law.
On occasions, the Paralegal may also be required to travel to client meetings (under the supervision of the Corporate Solicitor and Director) and stay on after closing times to support with workload and client demands.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package and have the opportunity to work with a talented and intelligent team who you will be able to learn from.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide administrative support to the Corporate Director and Corporate Solicitor.
- Answer phone calls and provide advice to clients (under the supervision of the Solicitor and Director).
- Conduct research on corporate law issues.
- Cross check and validate information.
- Assist in the type up of legal documentation and correspondence (under the supervision of the Solicitor and Director).
- Check and edit legal documentation for accuracy before sending to clients.
- Maintain retainer of client lists and support the team with billing clients.
- Stay up to date with developments of changes to legislation and regulations.
- Attend networking events to support the company with business development activities.
Work Based Competencies:
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical in your approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific requirements for the role:
- Competitive salary.
- 22 days holiday per year (plus usual bank holidays in England and Wales).
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Mondays to Thursdays and 9am to 4.30pm on Fridays.
- Great location with on-site parking and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
Back to List