Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
The Receptionist and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for undertaking a variety of day to day office and clerical tasks. The Administrative Assistant will play an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
You will provide support to all members of staff, assist in daily office needs and support the Office Controller in managing the Company's general administrative activities.
The role of the Receptionist and Administrative Assistant requires someone who is adaptable to change, can remain calm and professional under pressure who also doesn't mind being hands on.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the Reception desk; greet and assist visitors and clients when they arrive at the office and provide refreshments.
- Answer the reception telephone and redirect calls within the group when necessary.
- Keep track of the incoming and outgoing post, pass incoming post to the Office Controller for distribution.
- First point of contact for queries from staff and external contacts.
- Manage the booking system of meeting rooms.
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems.
- Maintain office stationary supplies for all office locations.
- Maintain refreshments for all office locations.
- Maintain cleanliness of the whole office; clear and tidy meeting rooms after meetings and co-ordinate with external cleaners as and when required for all office locations.
- Co-ordinate work experience placements with the HR Manager.
- At the request of the senior members of staff; book events, co-ordinate guest lists for marketing events, make payments, payment of booking fees, collation and communication to event organisers of food and drink orders.
- Proven experience a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Office Coordinator in a fast paced professional office environment (essential).
- Previous work experience in a customer services based role (desirable).
Work Based Competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised.
- Sound administrative skills.
- Carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to prioritise workload and multi-task.
- Reliable with patience and professionalism.
Specific requirements for the role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays.
- On occasions, you may be required to travel between offices as the business is at split-site locations (Cardiff, Bristol & Pembroke). Travel expenses can be claimed back.
Back to List