Reporting to the Office Controller, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for undertaking a variety of day to day office and clerical tasks. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
You will provide support to our managers and employees, assist in daily office needs and support the Office Controller in managing our company's general administrative activities.
The role of Administrative Assistant requires someone who is adaptable to change, can remain calm and professional under pressure and who doesn't mind being hands on. Initially this role is being offered as a temporary position for 3 months with a view of the successful candidate being offered the role on a permanent basis following completion of the 3 months.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the Reception desk; greet and assist visitors and clients when they arrive at the office.
- Answer telephone and respond to enquiries from internal staff and external contacts.
- Organise and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Book travel arrangements.
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems.
- Support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings and booking rooms etc.)
- Support the Office Controller with office expenditures and office contracts (e.g. stationary contracts, services etc.)
- Monitor the offices' stationary supplies inventory and place orders. Research new deals and suppliers.
- Coordinate IT support and be the first point of contact for all IT related queries.
- Coordinate work experience placements with the HR Manager.
- Maintain up to date format of documents, e.g. Terms & Conditions.
- Run reports and provide findings to the Solicitors.
- Take on personal assistant duties to the board of Directors.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Degree in business administration or relevant field (desirable).
- Proven experience a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant or Office Coordinator in a fast paced professional office environment (essential).
- Previous work experience in a customer services based role (desirable)
- Knowledge of office management and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Quite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- A familiarity with legislation in the areas of employment, equality and diversity and GDPR (desirable).
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. telephones, printer, scanner etc.)
Work Based Competencies
- Organised and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills.
- Carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and mutli-task.
- Reliable with patience and professionalism.
Specific Requirements for the Role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays.
- On occasions, you may be required to travel between offices as the business is at split-site locations (Cardiff, Bristol & Pembroke). Travel expenses can be claimed back.
What We're Offering
- 22 days holiday per year (plus the usual bank holidays in England & Wales).
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; pension plan, further education/ development opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now