Commercial Property Solicitor (Newly Qualified - Pembroke)
The GS Verde Group is a multi-discipline professional advisory business comprising of law firm Greenaway Scott and corporate finance boutique Verde Corporate Finance.
Greenaway Scott is a business law firm registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority and specialise in the provision of legal services to businesses in the areas of Corporate Law, Commercial Contracts, Intellectual Property, Employment and Commercial Property. We pride ourselves on the provision of practical, valuable and proactive legal advice to our business clients.
Verde Corporate Finance is a sister company of Greenaway Scott providing Corporate Finance Advisory services to business clients.
Due to growth and expansion plans the GS Verde Group are looking for Paralegals to join the Greenaway Scott team on a 12 month contract as a paralegal with a view of attaining a training contract following successful completion of the initial 12 months.
As a Newly Qualified Commercial Property Solicitor, you will be responsible for managing a range of complex, high value property transactions. You will be advising on grants of new leases, lease renewals, surrenders and terminations, sales and acquisitions of commercial real estate, refinancing real estate portfolios, mixed value real estate finance and development finance.
In addition to your fee earning responsibilities, you will work to maintain a good working relationship with the firm's clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing advice and assistance to clients of the department as well as other departments of the firm.
- Correspond with clients via email and phone.
- Draft up documentation, with admin assistance from Paralegals and Trainees.
- Assist more junior members of staff (Trainees and Paralegals).
- Participate in marketing and networking activities.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Participate fully in the activities of the Commercial Property team.
- Travel to client meetings when required.
- Assist during the absence of other fee earners, if applicable.
- Carry out work outside of normal hours where the work requires this.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Law degree (2:1 desirable).
- Legal Practice Course (essential).
- 1 year PQE (desirable).
- Previous experience working as a Commercial Property Solicitor (essential).
- Sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a Solicitor.
- Technical competence in Commercial Property in Law and Practice.
- Grants of new leases.
- Lease renewals, surrenders and terminations.
- Sales and acquisitions of commercial real estate.
- Refinancing real estate portfolio.
- Mixed value real estate finance and development finance.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tactful and discreet.
Work Based Competencies
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific requirements for the role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on Fridays.
- We may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What we're offering
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Great location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, pension, work mobile phone (iPhone), further education and development opportunities, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now