Trainee Solicitor (Pembroke Dock)
Greenaway Scott is a business law firm registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority and specialise in the provision of legal services to businesses in the areas of Corporate Law, Commercial Contracts, Intellectual Property, Employment and Commercial Property. We pride ourselves on the provision of practical, valuable and proactive legal advice to our business clients.
Our busy law firm is currently looking for a Trainee Solicitor to support day-to-day operations of the law firm, including carrying out administrative services and providing support to the legal team.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a strong work ethic, exceptional problem solving skills and would be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Work hours are normally during regular business hours in the office but Trainees may also be required to travel and attend client meetings under the supervision of the solicitor.
Trainee's will have the opportunity to train and develop their knowledge and experience in the following four areas of law; Corporate, Commercial & IP, Commercial Property and Employment & HR.
Following successful completion of the training contract, Greenaway Scott look to keep Trainee's on at the firm as Newly Qualified Solicitor's subject to availability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide administrative support to the solicitors and enhance office effectiveness such as making copies, answering and directing phone calls and greeting clients.
- Screen incoming calls to determine whether you can assist the caller or not before transferring them to the solicitor.
- Correspond with clients via email and phone, under the supervision of a qualified solicitor.
- Conducting research on legal issues.
- Organise and analyse information.
- Cross check and validate information.
- Assist in the type up of legal documents and correspondence.
- Check and edit legal documents for accuracy.
- Assist with billing clients.
- Maintain contact list.
- Review and monitor new and updated law and regulations.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Law degree (2:1) or Graduate Diploma in Law (essential).
- Completed Legal Practice Course (essential).
- Proven work experience as Paralegal or legal assistant (desirable).
- Satisfactory knowledge of day to day operations of a legal office.
- Knowledge of legal terminology.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas; Corporate, Commercial Property, Employment Business, Company Law, Commercial Contracts, Intellectual Property (desirable).
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tactful and discreet.
Work Based Competencies
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific requirements for the role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Mondays to Thursdays and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays.
What we're offering
- Develop your skills and knowledge within an innovative company who will help support and guide you to becoming a qualified solicitor.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Great location with excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, pension plan, work mobile phone, development and training opportunities, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now