Commercial Solicitor - Bristol
As a Commercial Solicitor you will be responsible for terms of business for online and offline goods / services, master Service / Supply Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Franchise Agreements, Licence Agreements, Trade Mark Applications and General Data Protection Regulation Advice.
In addition to your fee earning responsibilities, you will work to maintain a good working relationship with the firm's key clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Participate fully in the activities of the Commercial team such as drawing up legal documentation.
- Settle disputes and supervise any agreements.
- Research and gather evidence and analyse legal documents.
- Explain the law to clients and giving general legal advice.
- Travel to client meetings when required.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Participate in marketing and networking activities whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients of the department as well as other departments of the Firm.
- Supervise and assist Solicitors, Trainees and Paralegals.
- Assist during the absence of other fee earners.
- Carry out work outside of normal hours where the work requires this.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Law degree (essential).
- Legal Practice Course (LPC) (essential).
- 2-5 years PQE (essential)
- Previous experience working as a Commercial Solicitor (essential).
- Technical competence in Commercial Law and Practice.
- Terms of business for online and offline goods / services.
- Master Service / Supply Agreements.
- Distribution Agreements.
- Franchise Agreements.
- Licence Agreements.
- Trade Mark Applications.
- General Data Protection Regulation Advice.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tactful and discreet as most of the work will be confidential.
Worked Based Competencies
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical in their approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific Requirements for the Role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on Fridays.
- We may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What We're Offering
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, pension plan, work mobile phone, further education opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now