Corporate Solicitor - Cardiff
Greenaway Scott is a new style law firm designed for businesses. We provide clients with legal advice and support in the areas of Corporate Law, Commercial Contracts, Intellectual Property, Employment and Commercial Property. The delivery of our service is innovation and designed to suit the needs of our clients working in fast paced business environments.
As a Corporate Solicitor you will report to the Corporate Director. work will be varied and will include Acquisitions and Disposals, Asset Sale/ Purchase, Share Sale/ Purchase, Management Buy Out and Investments.
In addition to your fee earning responsibilities, you will work to maintain a good working relationship with the firm's key clients.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Participate fully in the activities of the Corporate team such as drawing up legal documentation.
- Settle disputes and supervise any agreements.
- Research and gather evidence and analyse legal documents.
- Explain the law to clients and giving general legal advice.
- Travel to client meetings when required.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Participate in marketing and networking activities whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients of the department as well as other departments of the Firm.
- Supervise and assist Solicitors, Trainees and Paralegals.
- Assist during the absence of other fee earners.
- Carry out work outside of normal hours where the work requires this.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Law Degree (essential).
- Legal Practice Course (essential).
- 2-5 years PQE (essential).
- Previous experience working as a Corporate Solicitor (essential).
- Technical competence in Corporate Law and Practice.
- Acquisitions and Disposals.
- Asset Sale / Purchase.
- Share Sale/ Purchase.
- Management Buy Out.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tactful and discreet as most of the work will be confidential.
Work Based Competencies:
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical in their approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific Requirements for the Role:
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- We may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What We're Offering:
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, pension plan, work mobile phone, further education opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now