Senior Commercial Property Solicitor
Greenaway Scott is a new style law firm designed for businesses. We provide clients with legal advice and support in the areas of Corporate Law, Commercial Contracts, Intellectual Property, Employment and Commercial Property. The delivery of our service is innovation and designed to suit the needs of our clients working in fast paced business environments.
As a Senior Commercial Property Solicitor you will be responsible for managing a range of complex, high value property transactions. The caseload will be varied and include Acquisitions and Disposals, Options, Conditional Contracts, Collaboration Agreements and Development Agreements.
In addition to your fee earning responsibilities, you will work to maintain a good working relationship with the firm's key clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients of the Department as well as other Departments of the Firm.
- Supervise and assist Solicitors and Trainees within own office.
- Participate in marketing and networking activities whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Participate fully in the activities of the Commercial Property team
- Assist during the absence of other fee earners
- Carry out work outside of normal hours where the work requires this
- Travel to client meetings when required.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Law degree (essential).
- Legal Practice Course (LPC) (essential).
- Previous experience within a law firm.
- 2-5 years PQE.
- Sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a Solicitor.
- Technical competence in Commercial Property in Law and Practice.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tactful and discreet as most of the work will be confidential.
Work Based Competencies
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical in their approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific requirements for the role
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- We may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What we're offering
- Basic salary £35,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience.
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Develop your skills and knowledge within an innovative company with an opportunity of a training contract at the end of the initial 12 months.
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
Back to List Apply now