The GS Verde Group is a multi-discipline professional advisory business comprising of law firm Greenaway Scott and corporate finance boutique Verde Corporate Finance.
The core services of our award winning group focus on the completion of corporate transactions across company acquisition, disposal, buyouts and fund raising activities, with a full service including both legal and financial aspects on any transaction.
The GS Verde Group has also recently launched a new company, Dragonfly Creative which is a new creative design company in South Wales.
Due to growth and expansion plans the GS Verde Group is looking to hire a Web Developer to join the Dragonfly Creative team.
As the Web Developer you will need to use your technical ability and creative vision to develop web applications, such as content management systems and other bespoke web-based products.
The Web Developer will work for clients as well as have the responsibility for the in-house web applications.
Dragonfly is in the early stages of its growth and is still relatively small. This opportunity would suit a talented and enthusiastic graduate as (with no current technical team in the business) you will need to dedicate time to independent research and self-led learning.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write code in one or more programming or scripting languages.
- Build and maintain databases and document code.
- Produce clear and concise documentation when required
- Plan and prototype new applications.
- Design the architecture of the components of an application.
- Decide on the best technologies and languages for the project.
- Test sites and applications in different browsers and environments.
- Stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
- Maintain existing applications.
- Diagnose and fix bugs.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or web design and development.
- Proven experience building web based applications.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Must be pro-active and self-motivated.
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Prior experience of development methodologies (like agile and waterfall).
- Proven track record of a clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met (feedback from clients or testimonials).
- Part of a web development or coding society at university.
- Attended relevant conferences and workshops.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30 on Fridays.
- Due to the nature of the role, we will not be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What We're Offering:
- Develop your skills and knowledge within an innovative company.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, work mobile phone, further education opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List