Senior Chartered Tax Advisor
Greenaway Scott is part of the GS Verde Group, an Alternative Business Structure registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Due to growth and expansion plans GS Verde Group is looking to hire 3 to 4 Chartered Tax Advisors who are experts in the following areas; The Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS), Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) and Research & Development (R&D) matters.
This new expansion has been designed to help guide company owners and investors on how to build funds to support the growth of a company and make investing straightforward.
As a Chartered Tax Advisor you will be responsible for helping promote the value of research and development (R&D) activities, advise investors how to receive tax relief on their investments through the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), ensure company owners that they have the right company structure in place to obtain EIS approval from HMRC and help company owners understand the tax advantage of having an Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) share option scheme.
To be a successful Chartered Tax Advisor at the GS Verde Group you will need to have extension knowledge and experience in the following areas; The Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS), Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) and Research & Development (R&D) matters.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop strong relationships with clients, including understanding their business practices and specific tax information needs.
- Advise and consult with clients in order to provide advice about tax legislation.
- Advise investors how to receive tax relief on their investments through the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS).
- Ensure clients have the right company structure in place to obtain EIS approval from HMRC.
- Help promote the value of research and development (R&D) activities.
- Advise on finance a management buy-outs and buy-ins.
- Advise on employee incentivisation schemes, e.g. share options, share ownership trusts, tax-efficient employee benefits and the creation of employee benefit trusts.
- Assist and advise on the creation of tax strategies for clients.
- Produce reports and presentations for clients.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff, on client premises and in the office.
- Oversee the work of less experienced and more junior staff.
- Leading and handling the delivery of marketing documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
- Dedicatedly assisting business development efforts including pitching for new work by attending events and networking
- Assist business development efforts including pitching for new work by attending events and networking.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Degree in accounting, finance or a related field (essential).
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) Qualification (essential).
- Proven work experience as a Chartered Tax Adviser or Accountant.
- The Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS).
- Extensive Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) knowledge.
- Solid Enterprise Management Incentives (EMI) knowledge.
- Experience with Research & Development (R&D) matters.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Tactful and discreet as most of the work will be confidential.
Work Based Competencies:
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills required together with good organisation and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, with a collaborative leadership style, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Excellent administration skills and methodical in their approach.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to the audience (ability to interpret and explain complex legislation to non-specialists).
Specific requirements of the role:
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Due to the nature of the role, we will not be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What we're offering:
- Competitive Salary
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, work mobile phone, further education opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now