Junior PR Executive
The GS Verde Group is a multi-discipline professional advisory business comprising of law firm Greenaway Scott and corporate finance boutique Verde Corporate Finance.
The core services of our award winning group focus on the completion of corporate transactions across company acquisition, disposal, buyouts and fund raising activities, with a full service including both legal and financial aspects on any transaction.
The GS Verde Group has also recently launched a new company, Dragonfly Creative which is a new creative design company in South Wales.
Due to growth and expansion plans the GS Verde Group is looking to hire a Junior PR Executive to join the Dragonfly Creative team.
As the Junior PR Executive you will be responsible for supporting the team to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate our communication strategy in order to support the communication objectives and maximise positive exposure.
You will also be responsible to support the PR strategy for clients and implement PR campaigns in accordance with requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build an establish network of media contacts.
- Stay up to date with PR and industry trends and best practices.
- Support the PR strategy preparation for clients and implement PR campaigns in accordance with requirements.
- Become familiar with client's business activities and operations and attend client meetings as and when required.
- Maintain first class administration on all client accounts, ensuring all relevant client folders are kept up to date.
- Support in the development of effective PR plans using appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Help organise and coordinate PR activities.
- Ensure database of relevant media contacts is maintained.
- Prepares and distributes press releases.
- Provide support with interviews, public speaking events.
- Advise on handling sensitive public issues to preserve reputation.
- Analyse results of PR campaigns and prepare reports.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising communications or similar field such as journalism or Public Relations (essential).
- CIM / CIPR member (desirable).
- Previous work experience as an intern in a PR firm (essential).
- Previous working experience as a Junior Public Relations Executive or similar role (desirable).
- Proven experience in coordinating effective PR campaigns through various channels (desirable).
- Solid knowledge of social media (blogs, LinkedIn, twitter etc) and design software.
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
Work Based Competencies:
- A creative mind partnered with the ability to find the best practical solutions
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable as a public speaker.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
- We may be unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs, CCJs or unspent criminal convictions.
What We're Offering:
- Basic salary £16,500 per annum.
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company Benefits and perks include; medical insurance, work mobile phone, further education opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
Back to List Apply now