Junior PR Executive
Are you a natural communicator looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
We are looking for a competent and enthusiastic Junior Public Relations Executive to join our new communications team and help us enhance a favourable image of our company with clients, potential customers and the public.
As the Junior PR Executive you will be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating our clients communication strategy in order to support the communication objectives and maximise positive exposure.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build an establish network of media contacts.
- Stay up to date with PR and industry trends and best practices.
- Discuss PR strategies with our clients and design and implement PR campaigns in accordance with our client's requirements.
- Devise creative public relations strategies that will fit the clients company profile.
- Become familiar with client's business activities and operations and attend client meetings as required.
- Maintain first class administration on all client accounts, ensuring all relevant client folders are kept up to date.
- Develop effective PR plans using appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Organise and coordinate PR activities.
- Ensure database of relevant media contacts is maintained.
- Arrange for interviews or public speaking events and construct press releases.
- Advise on handling sensitive public issues to preserve reputation.
- Analyse results of PR campaigns or efforts and prepare reports.
Education, Qualifications & Training:
- BSc/BA in PR, Marketing or similar field such as journalism (essential).
- CIM or CIPR qualified (desirable).
- Previous work experience as an intern in a PR firm (essential).
- Previous working experience as a Junior Public Relations Executive or similar role (desirable).
- Proven experience in coordinating effective PR campaigns through various channels (desirable).
- Solid knowledge of social media (blogs, Facebook, Twitter etc).
- Maturity, confidence and ability to get on with people of all levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
Work Based Competencies:
- A creative mind partnered with the ability to find the best practical solutions
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivering business results in a team based environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable as a public speaker.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a very high quality standard.
- Personable, calm and collective under pressure.
- Clear focus on quality and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Able to work 35 hours per week.
- Business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
What we're offering:
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Great location with a free on-site car park and excellent transport links.
- A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
- Company benefits and perks include; medical insurance, work mobile phone, further education opportunities, free access to the buildings on-site gym, lunchtime shuttle bus to and from Cardiff City Centre, free eye tests and free refreshments.
To register your interest or apply, please email a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or apply by clicking the 'apply now' button.
Back to List Apply now